A skilled workforce is here and ready to get to work
Area Military Retirees
New Retirees Annually
College & University
County Labor Force
Regional Labor Force
Over 34,000 military retirees and a wealth of civilian DoD contractors provide a unique workforce ideal for aerospace, defense, and information technology. The number of military retirees in the area grows by over 2,400 each year. Northwest Florida has one of the highest concentrations of military retirees in the country and a large population of DoD and civilian contractors. In addition, spouses of active military personnel contribute to a talented and diverse workforce.
Various Services Offered by CareerSource Escarosa:
- Employer assistance such as Tax Credits, Federal Bonding Program, Employed Worker Training, and On-the-Job Training.
- Applicant recruitment and pre-screening services.
- Space available to your organization for on-site recruitment, interviewing, screening, testing, and training.
- Business savings on the expense of continuous advertising and staffing.
Wages are competitive and lower than the state average. Incentive levels are easy to reach. Our pro-business climate is rich with incentives that offer bottom-line advantages for long-term profitability. We’re more affordable than states like California, New York, and Michigan when it comes to land and labor.
Our premier educational system is home to more than 33,000 students. Our primary and secondary public education is consistently ranked in the top three school districts statewide. The region is also known for excelling on the standardized tests and boasts several Blue-Ribbon Schools. Starting as early as middle school with career academies, aviation-specific education programs are in place across the region, including the University of Florida Research and Education Engineering Facility near Eglin Air Force Base and the George Stone Technical College A&P Mechanic School.
Area Institutions of Higher Learning:
- University of West Florida
- Florida State University Medical Campus
- Northwest Florida State College
- Pensacola State College
- University of Florida Milton Campus